However, your coverage for your Rochester Commercial Vehicle Insurance cannot just be a throw in with your business liability and New York State Workers Compensation policies. It has to be just as complete and well thought out as those policies as well as the rest of your insurance protection.
A great Business Auto Insurance policy insures:
- Your company’s leased vehicles, including cars, trucks and vehicles which still carry a note.
- Your company’s owned vehicles, which are an asset for your firm.
- The drivers of your business cars and trucks whenever they’re on the job. They need to be covered whether they’re not at fault, at fault or in an accident with an uninsured motorist.
- The liability that your company has due to a vehicle being driven on behalf of your business that your business does not own. For example, an employee using their personal vehicle to drive to the bank or the post office.
NY Commercial Auto Insurance will cover:
- Bodily injury and property damage liability
- Damage to your vehicle
- Injuries to your driver, pedestrians and other motorists
Also there is comprehensive coverage for situations that are not collision related such as theft or vandalism to your vehicles.
Plus there are ways to save money on your commercial auto policies. This can be done:
- By maintaining accident free driving records
- If your vehicles are used seasonally, let us know when they are not in use
- Combining the commercial auto with other business policies
The experienced agents at Gerard P Smith Insurance are well versed in Commercial Vehicle Insurance in New York, and work on your behalf to make sure you get the best protection that will fit your needs – before your company’s vehicles are in an unfortunate accident.
Complete the Quote Request Form on this page to get a Commercial Auto quote from our agency right away!
The sooner we receive your information, the faster we can get you the proper protection for you and your company’s vehicles. Remember, don’t treat Business Auto Insurance coverage as just a throw in, because it could make things riskier for your business. So complete the form right now while it’s still fresh on your mind.
Also, keep in mind that the FMCSA and PHMSA are constantly amending the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and the Hazardous Materials Regulations to restrict the use of hand-held mobile telephones by drivers of commercial vehicles. Make sure to keep your drivers up to date on the latest rules and regulations!
Did you know that even if your company doesn’t own any vehicles, you may still have a liability exposure? If you, or any of your employees, ever use a personal vehicle to conduct work related business (going on a sales meeting, running to the bank or the post office), then your business could be involved in a lawsuit in the event that someone is injured or property is damaged in a lawsuit. This liability can be covered in the form of Hired and Non Owned Auto Insurance and added right to your business owners policy. This coverage will also protect your business if you are driving a hired (rented) vehicle on behalf of the business, ie. renting a vehicle on your company credit card while on a business trip out of town. There is a small premium associated with the coverage and will protect you and your business from Commercial Vehicle Insurance-related lawsuits. Don’t hesitate to reach out to Gerard P Smith Insurance today to see how we can help protect you and your business.